pady
08-21 10:27 AM
Let me gather all the info first and I can disclose everything here. Meanwhile please come up with any other suggestions if any.
wallpaper Inspirational life quote:
reddymjm
05-05 04:33 PM
Update: My lawyer just got back to me on this. Since I wanted the interfiling in such a way that I can maintain old PD ( July 2003 based - EB3 filing - 485 filed under this) with new application category EB2 (new application - June 2006 PD), lawyer told me that it is not possible. Once I interfile my new application, end effect will be having my 485 based on EB2- with new priority date (June 2006). So at this moment I have 2 choices...
1) Wait out till July 2003 under EB3-India become current
2) If at all EB3-India is not moving at all or July 2003 does not become current for EB3 but meanwhile if EB2-India cutoff date crosses June 2006 then file interfiling.
EB3 Jul 03 will be an easy target than EB2 Jun 2006 in my opinion. If you are lucky it could be before the year end or early next year. And if you are too lucky it could be before Oct 08.
1) Wait out till July 2003 under EB3-India become current
2) If at all EB3-India is not moving at all or July 2003 does not become current for EB3 but meanwhile if EB2-India cutoff date crosses June 2006 then file interfiling.
EB3 Jul 03 will be an easy target than EB2 Jun 2006 in my opinion. If you are lucky it could be before the year end or early next year. And if you are too lucky it could be before Oct 08.

gjoe
08-24 10:30 AM
I see everyone firing at each other (junior members, members, senior members, moderators and super administrators).
Here are my two cents to keep yourself calm, composed and dignified
1) Empathy will win friends and support
2) Sympathy you will have only when someone is humble and meek
3) If you lack both the society will ignore you
PS: In a fight the weak always get support, the big and strong are on their own. if they lose no one to cheer them up nor comforts.
Ladies and Gentlemen, you are the only one who can make your choice.
Here are my two cents to keep yourself calm, composed and dignified
1) Empathy will win friends and support
2) Sympathy you will have only when someone is humble and meek
3) If you lack both the society will ignore you
PS: In a fight the weak always get support, the big and strong are on their own. if they lose no one to cheer them up nor comforts.
Ladies and Gentlemen, you are the only one who can make your choice.
2011 short life quotes to live by.

angelfire76
06-09 10:53 PM
Just hot gas...nothing more.
It is not going anywhere. The message is clear. People of color are not welcome, specially INDIANS, and now looks like Chinese too.
Do you know how many people from S. Korea, Japan and from Africa apply for GC? You are making an extremely pre-mature and rash statement which might alienate what's probably the only developed country in the world which is still not hostile to people of color.
If EB3 is moving faster than EB2, then you can figure out why I'm sure. Don't blame the porters, blame the system.
It is not going anywhere. The message is clear. People of color are not welcome, specially INDIANS, and now looks like Chinese too.
Do you know how many people from S. Korea, Japan and from Africa apply for GC? You are making an extremely pre-mature and rash statement which might alienate what's probably the only developed country in the world which is still not hostile to people of color.
If EB3 is moving faster than EB2, then you can figure out why I'm sure. Don't blame the porters, blame the system.
more...
shana04
02-14 11:57 AM
My wife is using EAD . I am still on H1 and have not started using EAD. Can I still switch to a new employer with a H1 transfer ?. Or since, she is in EAD, should I do an AC21 only with EAD ?. Thanks..
you can use h1b transfer
you can use h1b transfer

ramaonline
05-11 04:23 PM
Great idea... The only problem is that even the small group won't show up.
I volunteer to get whipped - Who will be Uncle Sam?
Another idea.. (this will require a small bunch of people only)
Let a group of 10-25 people tie themselves on chainballs and handcuffs (or fetters) and march 1 mile to the USCIS office. Get this event covered by media..
Hold banners like "Free us", "We want EAD", "i485 NOW" and raise a few slogans
In addition someone can dress as Uncle Sam and pretend to whip the prisoners....
I volunteer to get whipped - Who will be Uncle Sam?
Another idea.. (this will require a small bunch of people only)
Let a group of 10-25 people tie themselves on chainballs and handcuffs (or fetters) and march 1 mile to the USCIS office. Get this event covered by media..
Hold banners like "Free us", "We want EAD", "i485 NOW" and raise a few slogans
In addition someone can dress as Uncle Sam and pretend to whip the prisoners....
more...

Meenal
06-03 04:47 PM
I am from Ohio and tried several times to join State Chapter. I did get PM from a member last week who asked me to get him my personal info, which I did but no rsponse from him..
Can you suggest a link how can I join SC?
Best..
RV
Hi Ramesh,
I spoke with Uday, he has enrolled you as a State Chapter Member. There is a google/yahoo grp that each chapter leader maintains. You can directly contact Uday if you have any suggestions or he will contact you when there is any action item and the members of Ohio are participating. Thanks for agreeing to volunteer your time for IV.
Regards,
Meenal
Can you suggest a link how can I join SC?
Best..
RV
Hi Ramesh,
I spoke with Uday, he has enrolled you as a State Chapter Member. There is a google/yahoo grp that each chapter leader maintains. You can directly contact Uday if you have any suggestions or he will contact you when there is any action item and the members of Ohio are participating. Thanks for agreeing to volunteer your time for IV.
Regards,
Meenal
2010 Short Life Quotes To Live By.
same_old_guy
05-15 02:08 AM
Contending that the H-1B visa programme is being abused to displace qualified American workers, two US lawmakers have asked nine foreign-based firms, including some leading Indian companies that used 20,000 of such visas, to disclose details about their workforce and their use of the special programme.
The companies the senators sent letters to were Infosys Technologies, Wipro Ltd., Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., Patni Computer Systems, I-Flex Solutions Inc., Satyam Computer Services Ltd., Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd., Tech Mahindra Americas Inc. and Mphasis Corp.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/US_asks_Infy_Wipro_to_explain_use_of_H-1Bs/articleshow/2046743.cms
The companies the senators sent letters to were Infosys Technologies, Wipro Ltd., Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., Patni Computer Systems, I-Flex Solutions Inc., Satyam Computer Services Ltd., Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd., Tech Mahindra Americas Inc. and Mphasis Corp.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/US_asks_Infy_Wipro_to_explain_use_of_H-1Bs/articleshow/2046743.cms
more...
ronhira
07-07 12:45 AM
Over 60% of the US and 90% of Arizona supports the law they passed. Obama and his Attorney General are doing the wrong thing by interfering with state politics. How can these high ranking officials tell state law enforcement NOT TO enforce laws? The Supreme court will favor AZ even before the case starts. Slam Dunk.
"In the United States, the majority undertakes to supply a multitude of ready-made opinions for the use of individuals, who are thus relieved from the necessity of forming opinions of their own."
~ Alexis de Tocqueville
"In the United States, the majority undertakes to supply a multitude of ready-made opinions for the use of individuals, who are thus relieved from the necessity of forming opinions of their own."
~ Alexis de Tocqueville
hair short life quotes to live by.
Madhuri
02-14 03:57 PM
Hi, our first set of APs are expired and we never renewed since we did not plan to go out of the US. Now we need to apply for new AP, is it possible to apply online or since w eMUSt apply by mail since we don't have a valid AP at present.
Anybody in similar situation? Can somebody PM the cover letter to me?
Thanks,
Madhuri
Anybody in similar situation? Can somebody PM the cover letter to me?
Thanks,
Madhuri
more...
abhikal
02-21 07:03 AM
dear members,
dint had much time to go thro' your responses. but if senior ppl are targetting this fellow( mercies) for this thread, then i beg to differ. because as a member of IV, i have been answering "hadron" posts too at immigration portal.
I think all Mercies is trying to do is help IV out, by preparing answers of such questions which stupid ppl ask, so they can be put to a stop right away. Probably he's drawing your attention to some q's that all of you have answers for, just guide mercies to that post,
but i think all of your remarks have been directed towards merices only as if he's started it all.
i guess we outta stop ppl who are trying to defame this collective effort by giving them one-point answers.
have to get back to work.
P.S.: i dont want anyone to think im from numbersusa ;)
dint had much time to go thro' your responses. but if senior ppl are targetting this fellow( mercies) for this thread, then i beg to differ. because as a member of IV, i have been answering "hadron" posts too at immigration portal.
I think all Mercies is trying to do is help IV out, by preparing answers of such questions which stupid ppl ask, so they can be put to a stop right away. Probably he's drawing your attention to some q's that all of you have answers for, just guide mercies to that post,
but i think all of your remarks have been directed towards merices only as if he's started it all.
i guess we outta stop ppl who are trying to defame this collective effort by giving them one-point answers.
have to get back to work.
P.S.: i dont want anyone to think im from numbersusa ;)
hot short life quotes to live by.
GCard_Dream
04-13 01:09 PM
so you don't see a difference in how a private organization and a non-profit organization operates. Well here are some:
1. In your office, you are actually working for your boss and you are getting paid to do what they want you to do. I don't remember getting any pay check from IV. In fact, I have written several checks to IV. This doesn't mean I can post whatever I want but as long as I am following IV guidelines, I shouldn't get harassed by folks like you who think that their post is the only important post.
2. If you don't do what you are told at work, they'll fire your a&& and you wouldn’t know how to pay your bills next month. That's why the CEO or your boss don't have to send you a one liner before they take any decision.
As far as I know, IV is just a group of people coming together to address a problem which is shared by all members. I know that some people have worked harder than others and some people have contributed more than others but everyone has contributed one way or the other. So for you to come out and say that you are the only one doing all the work and others are just doing nothing and some how you are the CEO of this organization is just beyond my imagination. May be it's time you wake up and smell the coffee.
In your office do you ask your CEO/VPs to first send you a one liner before he takes a decision on your project? Think about it
1. In your office, you are actually working for your boss and you are getting paid to do what they want you to do. I don't remember getting any pay check from IV. In fact, I have written several checks to IV. This doesn't mean I can post whatever I want but as long as I am following IV guidelines, I shouldn't get harassed by folks like you who think that their post is the only important post.
2. If you don't do what you are told at work, they'll fire your a&& and you wouldn’t know how to pay your bills next month. That's why the CEO or your boss don't have to send you a one liner before they take any decision.
As far as I know, IV is just a group of people coming together to address a problem which is shared by all members. I know that some people have worked harder than others and some people have contributed more than others but everyone has contributed one way or the other. So for you to come out and say that you are the only one doing all the work and others are just doing nothing and some how you are the CEO of this organization is just beyond my imagination. May be it's time you wake up and smell the coffee.
In your office do you ask your CEO/VPs to first send you a one liner before he takes a decision on your project? Think about it
more...
house short life quotes to live by.

NO_Free_Rider
10-11 10:58 PM
My labor approved from PBEC (PD May 2003-EB3 India) on Aug 20!
Yes, and I hear only EAD, AP, spouse' FP etc in this forum now.
I missed the date by just a week:( .Not sure what to do here . People on the forum seems to be concerned about Fingerprinting and getting EAD's only .
Yes, and I hear only EAD, AP, spouse' FP etc in this forum now.
I missed the date by just a week:( .Not sure what to do here . People on the forum seems to be concerned about Fingerprinting and getting EAD's only .
tattoo short life quotes to live by.

ssnd03
12-03 04:26 PM
(1) first, USCIS and the FBI conducted a joint risk assessment which resulted in process improvements that permit us to focus on cases of concern (2) second, USCIS and FBI have allocated additional resources to the process. Over the next year, USCIS is planning to commit a total of $15.5 million to address the backlog of FBI name checks.
Number (1) is so darn ambiguous. Typical USCIS, FBI bullshit.
Number (1) is so darn ambiguous. Typical USCIS, FBI bullshit.
more...
pictures short life quotes to live by.
senthil1
02-11 11:18 AM
Eb2 will move gradually but it may move up to 2006 or 2007 as Eb1 spill over and Eb1 and Eb2 spillover from other countries will be transferred to Indian and Chinese Eb2. Again it depends on how many people are waiting in Eb2
sachung22,
Approximately what cut off dates your expect for EB2/3 by Aug'09?
sachung22,
Approximately what cut off dates your expect for EB2/3 by Aug'09?
dresses short life quotes to live by.
jsb
01-05 03:00 PM
So jsb if congressman and Ombudsman doesnt work either is there anything which will work ? Can one actually go physically to the Service Center and ask to speak to the PRO (Public relations officer) or something ?
I have heard on this forum someone doing that, i.e. flying to Texas and asking to meet those who matter. Initially they did not entertain him, but eventually he succeeded. It costs nothing trying via the Ombudsman route, may be a bit if a hassle via the Congressman route. You should try both. Mention your situation, clearly bringing out the anomally. Ask if you are cleared on all fronts and your PD is current what is holding up. It might work....Best of luck.
I have heard on this forum someone doing that, i.e. flying to Texas and asking to meet those who matter. Initially they did not entertain him, but eventually he succeeded. It costs nothing trying via the Ombudsman route, may be a bit if a hassle via the Congressman route. You should try both. Mention your situation, clearly bringing out the anomally. Ask if you are cleared on all fronts and your PD is current what is holding up. It might work....Best of luck.
more...
makeup short life quotes to live by.
snathan
06-19 07:16 AM
Would you like to send a mass mailer to all to generate momentum ???
Can you please do that....
Can you please do that....
girlfriend short life quotes to live by
enggr
03-17 03:52 AM
My dear friends,
I am so sad to tell the fact my I-140 got denied after the RFE response. In response to the RFE in September my lawyer responded to the RFE in November and the result came early this month (march 2008).
In the RFE response in last November my lawyer told USCIS that the category was marked wrong as EB2 where the case should be actually under EB3.
USCIS denied the application saying that application cannot be approved under EB2 and request for EB3 cannot be entertained at this point.
The following are the words from USCIS denial notice.
"The petitioner indicated that it had made an error in marking the petition form and that the petition should be considered one requesting the beneficiary's classification under a different section of law. However, since the petition was filed for second-preference classification and was initially adjudicated on that basis, USCIS will not at this stage consider it for some other classification.
In accordance with a USCIS announcement dated on May 23, 2007, the petitioner may elect to file a new petition on the beneficiary's behalf requesting a different visa classification but supported by the instant labor certification.(A motion making this request would be denied.) If the petitioner elects to persue this option, it should include a cover letter which explains the request, include a copy of this denial notice, and clearly report that the original labor certification is with LIN XXXXXXXXXX housed in AXXXXXXXXX. "
Also mine and my wife's I-485 got denied on the same day. In the denial notice of I-485 USCIS has mentioned that "The regulation does not provide for an appeal to this decision."
We are planning to file a new labor certification by end of this month as the current one is 99% a gone case
As you all know I was trying to save this application to save my wife's EAD.
Please help me with one of the options below.
Regarding my rejected I-140 I have two choices as per USCIS and my lawyer. Either of them should be filed 33 days from first week of march. Doing both of the below options at the same time will result in automatic rejection of both
1) Appealing the decision
Pros: My wife gets a chance to win her EAD back which is a big win for us
Cons: USCIS has indicated in the rejection notice that they are rejecting the I-140 because it does not qualify for EB2. they added that our request for converting it into EB3 cannot be entertained at this moment of time. So chances of winning the appeal is small compared to filing new I-140 as per my lawyer
2) Applying new EB3 I-140
Pros: Chances of getting an approval under this new EB3 I-140 is more compared to appealing the old EB2 application (the old application also includes and the request to convert EB2 into EB3)
Cons: Definite loss of my wife's EAD. Also since the labor is on Aug 2006 they have a common expiration date of Jan 2008. All labors from June 2007 (somewhere around that time) expire 6 months of the approval date and I-140 within that 6 months only will be considered for processing. Since we have passed the Jan 2008 period my lawyer is saying the new I-140 can also get rejected. the only argument we can place is, the processing time taken/length of old I-140 processing and the suggestion given on old I-140 denial notice dated march 1st week.
I am wondering whether we can do an MTR (Motion to re-open on the old application). This option is not mentioned by USCIS or lawyer. I am wondering whether this option will eliminate the appeal/new I-140 application within 33 days previlege
. My answer to my attorney regarding the next course of action depends on your advice(s) very much.
Thanks in advance and I really appreciate who posted replies to my questions earlier.
Enggr:
Labor approved 2006 Aug EB2
I-140 applied 2006 Nov EB2
I-140 RFE 2007 Sep
RFE response 2007 Nov
I-140 denied 2008 Mar
I am so sad to tell the fact my I-140 got denied after the RFE response. In response to the RFE in September my lawyer responded to the RFE in November and the result came early this month (march 2008).
In the RFE response in last November my lawyer told USCIS that the category was marked wrong as EB2 where the case should be actually under EB3.
USCIS denied the application saying that application cannot be approved under EB2 and request for EB3 cannot be entertained at this point.
The following are the words from USCIS denial notice.
"The petitioner indicated that it had made an error in marking the petition form and that the petition should be considered one requesting the beneficiary's classification under a different section of law. However, since the petition was filed for second-preference classification and was initially adjudicated on that basis, USCIS will not at this stage consider it for some other classification.
In accordance with a USCIS announcement dated on May 23, 2007, the petitioner may elect to file a new petition on the beneficiary's behalf requesting a different visa classification but supported by the instant labor certification.(A motion making this request would be denied.) If the petitioner elects to persue this option, it should include a cover letter which explains the request, include a copy of this denial notice, and clearly report that the original labor certification is with LIN XXXXXXXXXX housed in AXXXXXXXXX. "
Also mine and my wife's I-485 got denied on the same day. In the denial notice of I-485 USCIS has mentioned that "The regulation does not provide for an appeal to this decision."
We are planning to file a new labor certification by end of this month as the current one is 99% a gone case
As you all know I was trying to save this application to save my wife's EAD.
Please help me with one of the options below.
Regarding my rejected I-140 I have two choices as per USCIS and my lawyer. Either of them should be filed 33 days from first week of march. Doing both of the below options at the same time will result in automatic rejection of both
1) Appealing the decision
Pros: My wife gets a chance to win her EAD back which is a big win for us
Cons: USCIS has indicated in the rejection notice that they are rejecting the I-140 because it does not qualify for EB2. they added that our request for converting it into EB3 cannot be entertained at this moment of time. So chances of winning the appeal is small compared to filing new I-140 as per my lawyer
2) Applying new EB3 I-140
Pros: Chances of getting an approval under this new EB3 I-140 is more compared to appealing the old EB2 application (the old application also includes and the request to convert EB2 into EB3)
Cons: Definite loss of my wife's EAD. Also since the labor is on Aug 2006 they have a common expiration date of Jan 2008. All labors from June 2007 (somewhere around that time) expire 6 months of the approval date and I-140 within that 6 months only will be considered for processing. Since we have passed the Jan 2008 period my lawyer is saying the new I-140 can also get rejected. the only argument we can place is, the processing time taken/length of old I-140 processing and the suggestion given on old I-140 denial notice dated march 1st week.
I am wondering whether we can do an MTR (Motion to re-open on the old application). This option is not mentioned by USCIS or lawyer. I am wondering whether this option will eliminate the appeal/new I-140 application within 33 days previlege
. My answer to my attorney regarding the next course of action depends on your advice(s) very much.
Thanks in advance and I really appreciate who posted replies to my questions earlier.
Enggr:
Labor approved 2006 Aug EB2
I-140 applied 2006 Nov EB2
I-140 RFE 2007 Sep
RFE response 2007 Nov
I-140 denied 2008 Mar
hairstyles short life quotes to live by.
songlan
05-25 11:48 AM
Visit here http://www.canadaimmigrants.com/forum.asp
nag2007
02-08 04:06 PM
I dont see any light at the tunnel. PDs will not move until they allow 485 filing even PD is not current.
Pandi
05-30 10:54 PM
Voted - Aye - latest count - 338 :)